DallasBoatStorage.com wants to help you from the beginningto the end of your boat storage experience. Storing a boat is different than storing regular everyday items. To store you boat for long term purposes, you should take a few steps to ensure the quality of your watercraft is retained.That’s why we’ve created this list of boat storage tips to help you have thebest Dallas boat storage experience possible.
1) Wash your boat on the inside and the out and dry it completely. It is also a good idea to put a fresh coat of wax on the paint job to help protect it.
2) Purchase a well-made, tightly fitting cover to helpprotect your boat.
3) Fill up the oil tank and gas tank to prevent against evaporation.
4) Make sure you leave your boat in running order because problems won’t fix themselves while it is left idle.
5) Remove any moisture that might be retained in any compartment in the boat to avoid mold and mildew.
6) Consider using a climate-controlled storage unit to help protect the engine and protect interior fabrics’ quality.
7) Remove the battery.